Buzz words. Processes. Data. Iterative improvement.
This is a pathway to a sterile, soul-less, future.
If great works of art, thought provoking philosophies or timeless symphonies came to life from the same paradigms that underline todays most popular technological platforms, we'd be a poorer species for it.
The depth of our past, therefore, gives hope for our future.
But to create platforms that can evoke a sense of wonder and allow for deeper expressions of human insight, we have to first decipher then dilute the noise which predominently surrounds us.
At Zen Black we build products that bring clarity in a world of noise.
Squeezing an idea through a methodology does not produce a quality product. To reach a level of quality - a simplicity, which is self evident - there are layers of complexity that need to be explored, understood, refined.
At Zen Black we love complexity, even though at a certain levels its exploration can be extremely challenging. But navigating this terrain of uncertainty is what opens up our senses to recognise the powerful hidden subtleties in our surroundings.
Where others might 'look' at a space and 'not see' relevance, we find numerous dots to connect. The art form, however, is in taking these outlines and refining them into Beautiful, Simple, Quality end products.
It's why we do not build to a process. We build to a philosophy.
OUR 7 TENETS
- 1. If the pursuit of quality is negotiable, so is your character.
- 2. The intention is more important than the process.
- 3. Be an ideal... not a brand
- 4. Without exploring darkness, your truth is ill-defined.
- 5. Seek to provide clarity, instead of solutions.
- 6. Without philosophy... technology is like driftwood
- 7. Show trust. Everyone else will show you a contract.